Monday, June 16, 2014

Seoul 2014: Day 4 (Garden of Morning Calm, Petite France, Namiseom Island, Apgujeong)

24 MAY: Garden of Morning Calm
Petite France 
Nami Island   
Apgujeong      

For the fourth day, we headed down to the three places which I was really looking forward to.

How to get there: Cheongpyeong Station (청평역) - Exit 1

You will have to take the shuttle bus at Cheongpyeong Station to get to the three places. There are other ways of transport around but the shuttle bus is by far the cheapest. 

The shuttle bus's waiting area is here at the bottom right
You simply pay a one-time fee of 5000KRW to get to all three places. The payment is by cash to the bus uncle who will then give you a bus ticket which you have to keep and show him each time you get on to the bus. 

The shuttle bus schedule. Save the picture and zoom in as the english words are smaller.
 Depending on the timing which you board the bus, you will arrive at the different locations in different orders. For me, it was Garden of Morning Calm > Petite France > Nami Island

One thing to note is that the amount of time you get to roam around each location is exactly one hour. If you miss the bus, I think you'll have to wait another hour for the next bus.


The Garden of Morning Calm

Garden of Morning Calm is breathtakingly beautiful. I didn't manage to go there during Autumn and I went around late Spring/Early Summer and it was already amazing. I can only imagine how beautiful the place will be in Autumn with lovely red, orange Autumn leaves. I think Super Junior M Guesthouse went there during episode 3. Can't be sure but the place looked similar. 

You can see the bus on the left. That is where they will drop you off and you will have to walk a very short uphill to get to Garden of the Morning Calm
To get in to Garden of Morning Calm, you will have to purchase the tickets are priced at 8000KRW (adult)

The ticket counter will be on your right.
Now for some photos of Garden of Morning Calm!


Honestly speaking, I think that you should spend a good 2 hours there to just enjoy the scenery. One hour was really too short and we had to rush a little at the end. I don't think I managed to walk through the whole area. I would love to visit here again if given the chance.


Petite France

Running Man and You Who Came from the Stars filmed here so it is quite a popular tourist attraction. To get in, you will have to purchase the tickets priced at 8000KRW as well.

There is a shop selling churros there so you can buy some for a small bite.


It's a very surreal and cute place to walk around and there are many random posters, figurines, statues, swings to pose with. But going there once is enough for me :)


Namiseom Island

After getting off the shuttle bus, walk down the opposite direction from the restaurants there. To get to Nami Island, there are 2 choices.  By the zipline or by boat. I'm not too sure how much the zipline costs but it's definitely a lot more costly than the boat choice. The boat ticket includes the entrance fee which is 8000KRW in total for tourists. 



I don't really know if I actually walked throughout the whole of Nami Island because by then, my friends and I were all really tired. 

Overall, I definitely preferred Garden of Morning Calm the most but I would like to go back to Nami Island during Winter time. 


Dinner Time

By the time we reached back to Cheongpyeong Station, it was around 4 to 5pm. So we headed down to Apgujeong for dinner. 

How to get there: Sinsa Station (신사역) – Line 3, exit 8 (10 minute walk)
I used Google Maps yet again for both places so I don't have the exact directions there.



We had School Food for dinner as my sister recommended them to me.

We ordered other dishes such as Ramen and some japchae dish but they weren't to my liking. Their Mari on the other hand, was really good. I only tried this mari that had a layer of egg around it and it was amazing. I would go back again just for their Mari. 

School Food has other outlets around Seoul too!

Now for some desserts!


From left to right: Tiramisu, Grape, Strawberry

Deux Cremes Tart Seoul
533-11 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
The price is around 6500-8000KRW

Do note that you will have to order one item be it drinks or food for each pax. 

I strongly recommend the grape one!! Strongly Recommend. I thought that I would prefer the other two and only ordered the grape one as the waitress recommended it after we asked her which ones are popular.

With our stomachs happily filled with desserts, we decided to call it a day. 

1 comment: